YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 20, 2012

Frugal Friday - Second Hand Shopping

In this quest to consume less and in a more responsible way, I decided to explore the world of second hand sales. Particularly when it comes to children's items, buying brand new and hoarding all the stuff they've outgrown just doesn't make sense.

So I went on an attic/closet cleaning frenzy and put a bunch of things up for sale through various websites. Here are my results so far:

Sold Items

* Jeep Jogging Stroller
* Wipe Warm
* Steam Sterilizer

Total = $60

Purchased Items

* 15 Items of clothing for my son for summer, spring and fall fo 2012
* 18 Items of clothing for my daugher for summer
* 1 (desparately needed) coffee grinder for ME!

Total Spent = $44

Net = + $16

I am not even out ANY money yet. I've now got a stash of tshirt for my daugher for the summer, a good start on my son's wardrobe for 2012, and a much needed coffee grinder. My husband even gave me the ok to buy a new coffee brewing/grinding system (ours is broken), but I was determined to get it without spending any money.

And I had fun and cleaned out my attic in the process.

Who knew!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment