YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

An Apple a Day: Prioritizing

Although eating an apple every day in 2012 is sort of a silly idea, the impact it's had on prioritization for me had been a surprise. In a good way. If you are familiar with one of my favorite bloggers, Gretchen Rubin, you know that she writes alot about yes resolvers and no resolvers. I think I've always known that I'm a yes resolver, but until this year have not found a good way to make that quality play to my strengths when it comes to health. But my eating an apple every day, it reminds me to eat the good stuff first. So instead of constantly telling myself, "No, you can't have that!" I've saying YES to good foods first before I even go down that road.

And it's working!

I'm finding myself satisfied by nutrient rich foods and with more energy. This in turn makes me feel great about my choices. My apples are also serving as a daily reminder to keep my priorities in line in different areas of health (like exercise) as well as in other areas of my life that are priorities like family, and finances.

So, although I don't think the act of eating an apple each day along is going to change my life, the symbol and reminder that it has become can and has. What kids of things do you have in your life that help you keep your priorities straight?

No comments:

Post a Comment