YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

How the Apple relates to Frugality

How in the world is eating an apple a day relate to frugality? Well, I guess it depends on your definition of frugal. Some people thing of frugal is being cheap or thrifty. While that's true, I like to think of it as making fullfilling choices. In other words, whether I'm spending money or not, I am making choices that are fullfulling for me which in turn causes me to truly prioritize.

How does this relate to eating an apple a day? If I "put the good stuff in first" then everything else falls into place, or away. The other day, I decided to eat my apple before I made a batch of homemade cookies. This caused be to start out this process with nutritionally dense food, and less likely to stuff my face with cookie dough. Priorities.

As far as my budget, or money is concerned, it works the same way. For example, I've been struggling lately with finding enough quality time with my family each day while fitting in "me" time as well. I love TV. I do consider it my "me" time sometimes. However, sometimes in the mad rush to get everyone fed, bathed, to bed at night, I'm wondering if the mad rush to decompress on the couch is causing a strain on my time and my budget. What if I cut out cable, and focused on slowing down and enjoying my family at the end of the day. I might end up being more fullfilled and still have time for myself doing something else. It's putting the good stuff (and everyone has to define "good stuff" for themselves) and letting everything else fall away. Hopefully your wallet will grow in the process. I hope mine does. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment